Thread: A Realistic World Map WIP. Is everything geologically plausible? Critique!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Hai's pretty much our expert on these things, along with a few others, so what he/they say I'd take heed. What I see are 2 super continents - the bottom one is solid but apparently shrinking in on itself; the top one is expanding outward toward the equator; the wrap-around one (on both sides of the image) is moving northward; middle left plate is moving south; central plate is moving north; the wrap-around ocean plate is moving south; left ocean plate is moving north; central ocean plate is moving south; and bottom ocean plate is moving north. 2 land plates and 2 ocean plates move north while everything else moves south, where the south pole plate shrinks in on itself. You have some basics here to work with but maybe a redraw might be in order to refine some things.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Hai's pretty much our expert on these things, along with a few others
    Actually, I just have a basic layman's understanding of Geophysics from reading some intro textbooks on physical geography and Wikipedia. (And the background in GIS and Non-Euclidean Geometry to help me put it in context) So I certainly wouldn't call myself an expert, at least not in this field.