Thread: Redo of an RPG city

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No, I've never settled my differences with Illustrator. It just never does what I want it to do. Photoshop is the only tool I can handle, but I'm glad it doesn't look to bad either.

Noise sounds like a good idea, I'll try that one once I'm done with going colour-crazy on the other version of it
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

I only add that you really made it looked as a roman city. Words from a Ancient History Teacher =). Congrats!

Guild Novice

Really like the map - and the vector-like style you've gone with - I think that will make it really useful as a player aid that they can scribble on or colour code to mean things. My only thought is actually dependent on the setting a bit - I'm making an assumption from the RPG in the heading and the walled town with keep, etc. that its a fantasy setting. For me the grid structure that dominates the town just looks odd for a fantasy setting. I would have expected more of it to be disorganised, having likely gone through a more organic growth process rather than being a laid out town. Maybe the setting is a bit more organised than I'm thinking, or maybe it's not even a fantasy setting, so it may be entirely invalid, but thought I'd mention it.