Thread: April Entry: Roan and the Sea Worg

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip I think my riddle portion is ready...

In retrospect, I think I plan to rotate the "Dire Wolf map skin" 180 degrees, so that the triangular portion is at the top. Within the triangle, I plan to place the "map riddle" that guides users to the map to the location of the "secret place."

I have a rough layout of the islands/sea/continent, but now have to adjust to fit the "riddle."

Just to let you know what the "secret" is... the Caillech Bheur, the ice queen goddess bound a Worg Spirit to seawolf. The binding artifact is located at the secret place - if heroes can find the object they can unbind it, and break the possession of the seawolf and end this part of the Winter Hag's war on men.

Anyway, here's the riddle (it was a whole lot of work, so this part's done!)

Oh, in case you can't figure out the riddle - since the map isn't there yet... the goddess's left hand is held upwards, meaning move five "moon longitudes from the east side of the map." Her right hand holds three fingers out in front of her - meaning move three "spirit latitudes down".

Then cross entire grids "as the crow flies" in the direction the each crow takes you from left to right. In the grid of the last crow will be the isle where the spirit binding object can be found...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 04-13-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: riddle explained...
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations