Thread: Map of [Region Name Here]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If you have big mountains on both the east and west of the central realm, you're setting that realm up to be like the Central Valley or the Turpan Basin -- hot, dry, watered by mountain runoff, agriculturally productive? That's pretty cool, I like it, but you'll want to have those rivers flowing south into that bay at the bottom, I think, which will involve removing part of that string of hills down there.

Now knowing that the grey means high mountains, I might connect the grey ridge actually -- erase the bit of it on the southern shore of the inland sea, then attach the northern part with a line going straight north-south across the isthmus to the mountains on the left coast of the southern landmass. Then you could handwave the tectonics by saying that your central realm is a microplate (like Tarim, again!) that's getting squished between the plate containing the southern continent and the inland sea on the bottom + right and the ocean plate on the left, with fairly neutral relations with the plate in the north.

ETA: wheeee, I scribbled on it in crayon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	43291
    (little S-shaped twiddles indicate arc volcanism; also notice I did the things I described in my second paragraph)
    Last edited by octopod; 03-22-2012 at 01:19 AM.