Thread: Can a newb actually do this?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

If I may ask Jaxilon, why do you wish you had a tablet? I haven't really bothered to look into their capabilities, that is why I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by sim97fan3 View Post
    If I may ask Jaxilon, why do you wish you had a tablet? I haven't really bothered to look into their capabilities, that is why I ask.
    erm.. enthusiastic wacom graphire 3 owner interceding here.. imo tablets as pointing devices are significantly more ergonomic than mice or trackballs. i used to use a modular app a lot (solid years) and you can zip across the screen and do fine work all day with only as much stress as a pen. my efforts to use it artistically have failed when i try to emulate a pencil, but work when drawing as one would with a mouse, eg. by adjusting spline points.

(as a side note, i lived in a tent for a year carrying my laptop wherever i went. i've resoldered the cable once but the wacom is otherwise indestructible. somewhere a sugar ant crawled into it. the openings around the button are just big enough.. guess it must have been attracted to the electricity. i am dead serious now - for the next week, if i was using the tablet and the ant would move, the pointer would zip across the screen.. every now and then it would crawl out and race around on the top of the tablet, perhaps wondering where it's home went, and i'd desperately try to squish it, and it would zip back inside.. completely surreal, stuff that only happens when you're living in a tent)