Thread: Neolithic Village - 5 minute map challenge

Default Neolithic Village - 5 minute map challenge

Forgot to post yesterday, I attempted another 5 minute map challenge on the Maps for Sharing G+ community. This one is a pencil illustration of a neolithic village after getting inspired by some photos of ruins in Malta. No color this time - lots of time lost in stone detail. Of course quickee and sloppy, but it's my style...

Enjoy!

GP

neolithic.jpg
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

I like this one... have you thought about going back to some of your 5 minute maps and doing serious projects on them?
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

@foremost - They are definitely idea generators. In order to compel me to rush a map (that's what you got to do in a 5 minute map depending on the results you want), despite me being a very fast mapper anyway, I need a thought provoking concept. This time neolithic ruins was the inspiration. I'd like to do a serious neolithic village, one I spend at least some hours doing, instead of minutes. Some like the one I did of the airship and the spire in the miasmal sea was going out on a limb, since I'm not really a gaming fan of steampunk - it was my venture into a genre I was a bit awkward at approaching. So that's likely my only attempt at that for a while. 5 minute maps are experiments only - getting a concept across with some artistic value, despite being little more than a scribble.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations