I've got a friend, whose last name is Radcliff, and though he never cared in the past, suddenly he's been nosing into his heritage. Radcliffe was the first governor of Jamestown. Lots of his ancestors in England were from the north and supported the Scottish bid for the throne and were Catholics, and many lost their heads in the tower. Anyway, he laid much of his ancestry onto me, and I got inspired to include some of that in this map. Radclifton kind of representing an alternate Jamestown. And New Strathclyde both implies the old Scot-Irish Kingdom and Virginia.

Also look west into the Gap, on the border between New Strathclyde and Bethland, you see Fort Irwin and Fort MacBeth. In Shakespeare's MacBeth, King Malcolm Irwin is the King of Scotland (an ancestor of mine), but is poisoned by MacBeth (MacBeth actually killed him in an ambush following a battle Irwin won). So there is a clan feud/inter-colonial skirmish which by its location hints of Hatfields and McCoys... so there's a lot going on in this map, if you know the details.