Thread: City of Kastraal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Take a look in the albums section of the gallery pulldown. search those out who's style you like and try their techniques, good start for sure. Keep at it. have some rep

Guild Novice

Hey! Thanks guys!

@Vellum, I'll be sure to check it out soon!

Here is an update on the map!! :

Kastraal 3.7.jpg

As you can see, I decided to cut off some land, as I felt I needed more sea water. I might be thinking about making a small island to the east, with a bridge connecting it to the city (perhaps putting the «Orc Ghetto» there? Similar to the slave prison in Dragon Age 2?) I added a lot more trees, two entrances and some towers. I tried to create a training complex for the anti-mages guards («Gardes d'Horus»). I might move the «Communauté de l'Erthiault» OUTSIDE the city (thinking about making a big hill, a manor on top of it, and lots of trees all around it, with a metalic gate surrounding the perimeter). I need to start making plow lands too. I really don't know where to start for that though. I'll have to check some tutorials for that!

@ditberlin: Perhaps you're right, I should think about making a legend instead.
    Last edited by Philtros; 08-31-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Guild Novice

Kastraal 3.9.jpg

New update!

These are what I'm thinking about doing soon:
    - that little «prisoners island» in the east, connected to the main city with a long bridge.
    - those plow lands (this will come much later, still moving stuff around!)
    - create a «Legend» instead of names all around the place. I'm thinking of a scroll-like legend, as I have seen in some maps. Many scroll brushes are free to use (with credits) on Deviant art, might look into it...
    - that cemetery, anyone have a good example of how it should look from a satellite view?
    - A port. Thinking of creating a port similar to Magnimar's in Pathfinder...
    - A public place (you know... like somewhere to hang people. Public execution. Public annoucement. Fun government stuff right?)
    - A castle (with a «rich people» place!)

What do you guys think so far? Any comments for a beginner like myself? Suggestions?