Thread: October/November 2014 Challenge : Unnamed (yet)

Default October/November 2014 Challenge : Unnamed (yet)

Hi, I got the great pleasure of making a map for Max The brief:

"draw a map of some kind of troglodyte settlement, let's say a primitive one, settled in a canyon wall. The settlement would consist of several houses built against the canyon wall with some further housing system dug inside the rock. Builders/inhabitants are a fantasy primitive shamanic tribe and the map has to include some religious room/temple part (could be outside or inside the wall). Other details are up to you. The map itself would include a side view/perspective view of the settlement in the canyon and a map depicting the houses/rooms with some explaining key."

I actually also got a backing story from Max for the the tribe as well, which I included in the map. Instead of using different views, I experimented with getting a view fisheye like view that allowed the entire map plus depth to be shown in on map. The idea is to also include a cutout with the underground housing. Still experimenting... but this is the first draft to get a feel of how the prespective can work , and what type of linework I want to use (want to make sure it got this feeling of depth ...)

@Max: just shoot me any comments!

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	canyon01jpg.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	4.41 MB 
ID:	68414

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I actually like this perspective view, the depth looks pretty good at the moment Looking forward to seeing how the cutouts will blend with the overall map.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Wow, you guys are going to be the team to beat, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Wow, you guys are going to be the team to beat, I think.
    You had to know this..but, I have to admit, I'm just excited about seeing all these fabulous ideas come into focus from all the entries. Plus, the more I see what others are doing the more it is pushing me to do the best I can do. Which is the purpose of the challenges after all I think
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt