Quote Originally Posted by Micco View Post
I think the HLC is exactly the right thing to be doing as a joint world project. The benefits will be very similar to the race to the moon...lots of secondary and tertiary technologies that will drive the next economies and improve the human condition. If we are very lucky we'll figure out some real fundamental knowledge that will change everything (like figure out how to tap into ZPE!)

I think a manned mission to Mars needs to be on the short list of the next great joint ventures. We need to get some breeding pairs off the planet before it is devoured by black holes!

Seriously, I'm somewhat if a lay-fan of Stoichiometric Electro-Dynamics. Any chance we'll learn more about that huge energy constant sticking on the end of all those complex unifying theories? (Understanding that, being a particle physicist, you probably are not a fan of SED...)
Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
Well Zero Point Energy and enormous wealths of free energy are generally considered to be myths, but it's well outside my field so I can't really take them on from much of a point of knowledge. I do know that you don't get any serious seminars about them, so I think they can probably be kept in the cupboard with the perpetual motion machines. However that is a sociological rather than scientifically based view. I'm afraid for a fuller answer you'd need to ask someone else (or I have to brush up on a few of the other areas of physics).
OH OH OH.... I want my ZPM. I wanna power a flying city or an Antarctic super weapon. Gimme, gimme, gimme.....