Thread: Some gigapixel images of Brittany (France) towns

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Link Some gigapixel images of Brittany (France) towns

Hi all, I found this this morning while reading the news : http://gigapixels.fr/
    These are not 360 images, "only" 180° but they are pretty and can give us some ideas, especialy for coastal towns mapping
    Regards

Nice ressource! Thanks for sharing it, Tenia .

Cool! Although isn't Brittany still British or did we stop all of that nonsense years ago?

Very nice images, Tenia

Straf - I think it was way back in the fifteen thirties, or somewhere around that time

Blog Entries

TIL - Straf is actually Connor MacLeod with a hint of amnesia

Haha, curiously that reminds me a school excursion in Wales... ehm... a long long time ago.
    A professor had told us that Briton and Welsh languages were so close that, in 19th-early 20th centuries, Briton onions traders (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onion_Johnny) and Welsh people could easily understand each other. A Briton-speaking comrade of us saw here a good opportunity to develop Welsh-Briton relationships and decided to put this in practice. It was a total fiasco but we had a lot of laughs hearing him try to hav conversations with Welsh girls.

Haha! I love the way that Wikipedia makes out that not all French people look like that, with the addition of a baguette under each arm of course

I think Breton is more in line with Cornish than Welsh. Brittany and Cornwall kept on trading for a long time but then the French and English told them to align with the people on the same side of the water as them. Up until then they were happy to watch the two nations knock seven bells out of each other. Anyway since then the languages evolved differently and dialect influences probably forced them further apart.

Totally agree Straf. I'm a bit tired now, but I am considering a top-down map of the petit-bey fort... Who knows ?

That would be totally cool! I've never been there - I really should start exploring Northern France.