Thread: Chromea -- Another Diversion

Port Development, British Columbia, Canada

Map Chromea -- Another Diversion

Hello Guild,

I've decided to stray from the main project again, to practice some elements of cartography that I felt deficient in. After about 10 hours of work, I've arrived at this piece of work, which I intend to populate with cities, towns, roads, and other features.

A huge thank you to those Guild members who have provided valuable advice and feedback; rest assured I've taken everything into consideration every time I've embarked on a new project such as this one.

This continent is called Chromea. Please let me know what you think, and what could be improved.

Chromea 2.png
    Chromea 6.png

Thanks for viewing,

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Toth View Post
    Hello Guild,

I've decided to stray from the main project again, to practice some elements of cartography that I felt deficient in. After about 10 hours of work, I've arrived at this piece of work, which I intend to populate with cities, towns, roads, and other features.

A huge thank you to those Guild members who have provided valuable advice and feedback; rest assured I've taken everything into consideration every time I've embarked on a new project such as this one.

This continent is called Chromea. Please let me know what you think, and what could be improved.

Chromea 2.png
    Chromea 6.png

Thanks for viewing,

Peter
    How the Jeff did you do that in ten hours!? Incredible work.

Guild Member

Fantastic work Peter, may I ask what software/techniques you used? Kudos for doing this in 10 hours btw, well done sir!

Port Development, British Columbia, Canada

Thank you chateauferret and Stiophan!

This project was based on a few mountain-rendering tutorials from this site and others, combined with my own randomizations to create some interesting terrain. (I'll need to publish a tutorial of my process to be any more specific, as this process takes about an hour's time after all the topography is hand-drawn.) Everything was done using Photoshop and Wilbur. Thank you for your interest.

Peter

Guild Member

You are most welcome Peter, credit where credit's due! Would love a tutorial!