Thread: Thus-Far Unnamed Village

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Mostly I try for realism, or if I'm defying it intentionally, it'll be dead obvious. About the work related buildings, I'm having issues conceptually with them - I've been tossing them around as being home & workplace or not and I can't decide which to go on. I think I'll rework them to be h&w, for realism...I just can't fathom that. Living where you work...

Ah, the legal issues + manor thing is fun. See, it's ruled by this cleric, who retreated into a relatively spartan existence after earning no small amount of fame as an adventurer. He lives in a small room behind the church, so there is no manor - except the new nobleman's, and while he's tolerated nobody's very fond of him. So my scheme is that in bad weather they would have legal proceedings in the church, and that every once in a while if the weather's good, they'd have church out on the theatre-thing.

As far as it being rich...the...cleric was about a 9th level adventurer (out of 20; he's a pretty powerful guy). I'm not so sure about time, though; when they'd have had the time to build it all escapes me. There are some useful spells for that...but here's an example of what I've got going on in SketchUp along with another map scheme, for when the buildings were built. Green buildings were first, then yellow ones, red are the newest:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image (42)color.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	13093   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trollford1.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	416.2 KB 
ID:	13094  
    Both of my main programs are free! Find them here:
    SketchUp 7
    Kerkythea
    Note that you need a SketchUp to Kerkythea exporter, which can be found on the Kerkythea website.