Hahaha, thanks.
I'm going to use Paint.NET or GIMP to retrace the map digitally (I would use a vector program like inkscape but jesus christ that thing is hard to use with a tablet). Since I drew the continents how they would appear on a 'rectangular' projection of the map, I will copy/paste them into a 2:1 document and trace them that way, and attempt to project them in a way that looks the best after that.

I might add textures and I plan to make some standard characters for both Tsiarah (the language almost all of the words on the map are in now) and Tlantec (a language originating in a loosley Aztec/Mongol based civilization in the southeast continent of the western hemisphere, that I've only started creating... there will be hundreds of characters as each pictogram represents a syllable instead of a phonetic sound. Each character will basically be a different design inside a rounded square, with vowels being amended to the syllables with markings outside of the squares, but that's going into way too much detail for now, lulz) and annotating places, oceans, and stuff in that instead of variable handdrawn script (if anyone has advice about doing this/creating a font... I'm failing horribly at Inkscape... go ahead and give it to me, lol). I will also create brushes in GIMP for different trees, villages, cities, fortresses, other various structures (if you notice, in the southwestern continent in the western hemisphere, a large amount of the continent is sunken, splitting it into two landmasses, there are some cities underwater, with only few people living in them).

I don't want to use any photorealistic textures in the final result, so we'll see how this turns out, as I will color it. Not sure how, or if, I'm going to do national borders without disrupting the look of the map.

Anyway, I'll be starting this on Friday, so expect some progression images then. Thanks for the critique =)

Also, yeah, the avatar is awesome stuff