Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 53 - The Hustleflow Ward [Voolf]

Believe me, Voolf - there is nothing ordinary about the map of your 'ordinary' district

I love Jo's idea - and very apt, since most of the time rivers go wrong when fantasy cartographers forget (or decide to deliberately ignore) the ancient God of gravity!

Um, weigh me in on that thought
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Here's some ideas:

1. The Halls of verification. Basically, where the actual River Police work gets done, with thousands of maps analyzed.
    2. The Rectory. It looks like a grand building, seen from the top, and it could be where the Rector of the University lives...

The Halls of Verification would need a fairly huge storehouse, and a MASSIVE cart park - for all the work we collectively produce - as I'm sure the admins will confirm from what's stored on the server!

Mouse, you better stop flatter me so much because i can get stuck in self-amiration, LOL

I still have linework to do, but i went ahead and did some colouring to test tiles. I am so so convinced about these. What do you think ?

Guild_City_draft_v2.1.jpg

Edit: Ninja'd

Thanks Pixie. About #2 i thought about same thing, but then again, even rector wants to live in a normal house, not a office like big biulding... right?
    Last edited by Voolf; 05-16-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Oh my!

No... wait... I can't say that.... aaaand... I can't say that.... LOL!

The truth is I haven't got anything to say, because its all perfect, but you won't let me say it! LOL!

It looks wonderful to me

Thanks again. in fact i am not convinced about the tiles yet. I removed them for the time being.

Slowly moving forward switching between linework, shade and colour, doing little bit of everything. Here's how it looks now.

Guild_City_draft_v2.2.jpg

Guild Expert

Looks great Voolf! I will say though that I'm not convinced about the tiles either, I think the issue is that some of them look a little too square, and almost too perfect. The trees are great.

That is just so beautiful

I have to admit that although tiles look great on other maps of the city, I think your map looks better without them. The impact is greater - the 'wow factor'

Now I can't wait for the water and the cliffs

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast