Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlas Elyden

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TigerStripedDog View Post
    This is the first time I have seen a style like this for a fantasy map. Have you considered making an interractive digital rendering that would allow the user to click on the smaller sections to enlarge them? Well done!
    Yeah on thing id love to do is an interactive online map where you can click on regions for the zoomed in maps, or click on a place name to get a pop-up of the encyclopedia entry. Shame im not good at those things. It is something I;ve thought of doing. though, once I have more presentable written material and enough finished maps

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

I've been experimenting with various options for interactive mapping, I haven't had great success so I'd be interesting to see what other people suggest. I've tried Leaflet but always seem to get into a mess with the composite images.

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
    I've been experimenting with various options for interactive mapping, I haven't had great success so I'd be interesting to see what other people suggest. I've tried Leaflet but always seem to get into a mess with the composite images.
    that looks promising though unfortunately, for me, seems to require coding

Only a little, mostly it requires copying and pasting the HTML and a bit of quite simple hand coding, which is only HTML, quite simple. The complex part for me is slicing a big image into all the small images, it always messes up for me somehow.

that sounds like the easy part to me

Hi All, to those of you interested in my world I'm doing an AMA (ask me anything) on reddit to help me out with worldbuilding - I've realised there's a lot of aspects of the world that I might have overlooked unintentionally and sometimes questions by third parties might help uncover those 'loophools'

I'd be really grateful if anyone who uses reddit could take the time to ask something, no matter how trivial as it might get my creative juices flowing! thanks
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 10-01-2016 at 11:23 AM.

What's an AMA?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
    What's an AMA?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Ask Me Anything. I should have specified

If you want to ask me anything about my world, you can do it there (please do!)

Wip

Here's a sneak peak of the next map in the Atlas Elyden series - the Secular Republic of Parthis, one of the major powers in the Inner Sea. It's the largest individual area I've worked on so far, larger even than my map of the Republic of Almagest and is taking a while to get finished.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	89073

This region depicts a fold mountain range inspired by the mountains of Pakistan and would realistically be the result of two plates colliding with each other, giving an indication to the region' history. Hopefully I'll manage to get the map done by the end of the month (LOTS of labels and rivers to do on this one as it's so big)

Super awesome wip. How's it coming along vorro?

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast