Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nubian Kings

brillant use of sketchup here! very nice and inspiring map, that makes me want to play with sketchup too

I was convinced you would do marvels with Sketchup Snodsy, but you've gone further than my expectations! Impressive map, with the good colors, the good perpspective view and a very well balanced level of details... Inspiring and instructive!

Thanks guys for the kind words, it was a unique challenge using sketch up and photoshop together, and it seems others liked this approach as well, although it did take a lot more time, but was worth it. I know other have used it and it inspired me to try, it will be interesting to see how others approach it, I'll definitely try again - but I did miss the freehand drawing, so this is another tool in my toolbox.

Falconius - it wasn't really a camera view, the 3D model allow you to rotate around, so I basically rotated and zoomed around until I got the perspective I wanted. It did bother me at first that it wasn't a true orthographic or two point perspective view - where the verticals are straight up and down, but I think it actually adds to the illusion of a real setting on a round earth .

Abu I agree that the mountains could use more variation, but your point of the city being the hero is also true. I will note this for the next one I do and may go back into this one.

Warlin - was hoping my next one was for a commission, but can't compete with free. However my mesopotamian will be used for educational purposes.

DanielHasenbos thanks for the comment on the buildings being too uniform, in the end it really helped to put in some deviation into the houses.

Thanks for the reps and comments along the way guys I really appreciate it from this incredible group of gifted artist - means a lot.

You achieved wonders snodsy ! The map is rally lovely ! It's inspired me to do something similar, hope I'l have the time to do so.
    Last edited by ThomasR; 12-05-2016 at 09:04 AM.

It looks great snodsy.
    You have such a wonderful breadth of historical maps.

Thanks JE and Thomrey for the comments and rep! Learning alot doing these historical maps.

Amazing!!
    Everything is so perfect, the colors, the perspective and of course the drawing itself!
    Great map Snodsy!!

Excellent stuff! I love how clean this is!
    Cartography by Matthias Rothenaicher. Portfolio: Website | DeviantArt

Another beautiful map by your hands. It really turned out great!

-Dan

Wonderful composition and perspective! Love the colors as well. It's fun to witness your style mature over the last year or so.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast