Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Map of Ronin

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Another beautfull map.

Wow, another very inspirational map for me as a newb! It's a very nice style, love the textures used and for some reason I'm drawn to the compass and fonts used especially!

Banned User

OK, I have to admit that I poked this guy last night, and I thought you all might want to see his reply this morning.

At Apr 13, 2015, 1:07:38 AM, Cornelia Yoder<'yodercm@earthlink.net'> wrote:

Wow is right! Did you actually have one of the best cartographic artists in the world do your map and then stiff him ????????????
    Thanks for turning me down!!

Sent: Monday, April 13, 2015 6:26 AM
    To: yodercm@earthlink.net
    Subject: Re: Mapmaking request on CG posted by Lonewolf MC

He is an artist alright. Scam artist. He was paid in full 5 min ago. Luckily for me $<snipped> is not a lot of money. But as far as best cartographers in the world? We recently found a guy in Boston who exposed the whole process of how my map was made. And according to him, with what I provided.. It would take approx 2-3 hours to make that map. The guy is 19 years old, and looked at me like I was mentally challenged when I told him I was paying $<snipped>. Next week I'll pick up a second map that he is making of more detailed regional section of the map Robert made..
    Good luck with your continued scamming and claims of "hard work" and "best cartographer in the world"
    Scott

It's just too bad we'll never get to see the "more detailed regional section" that he will undoubtedly plagiarize from your map.
    Last edited by Chick; 04-13-2015 at 09:25 AM.

Once you know what you're doing its a fast process. I'm working on a map in the last month and yet it will not be good like the Sapiento, Levodoom, Ramah, or other artist maps, and I mean even those quick made maps. Thats because I'm learning, it's the same with other jobs, I'm a criminal lawyer and I can do most of criminal defenses very quick since its all on my mind, but that doesn't mean that I'm scaming someone.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mateus090985 View Post
    Another beautfull map.
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Phantasmo View Post
    Wow, another very inspirational map for me as a newb! It's a very nice style, love the textures used and for some reason I'm drawn to the compass and fonts used especially!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteffenBrand View Post
    The ocean is indeed very nice, I did something kind of similar recently (I'll show as soon as I can). It surely is a lot of work. Rep! =)
    Thank you, guys!

Wow. Chick, that email reply you posted really takes the biscuit!

Sapiento, I'm really glad you got your money and so sorry you had to publicly shame the guy to get it (and I'm reasonably sure that's likely the only reason he paid.) What is it with people who don't realise that only years of experience allows someone to do a job quickly and professionally, but utilising that experience will cost money. He'll be one of those types who calls out a plumber to fix his blocked toilet, and then spends the entire visit telling the plumber how he could have fixed it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    OK, I have to admit that I poked this guy last night, and I thought you all might want to see his reply this morning.

It's just too bad we'll never get to see the "more detailed regional section" that he will undoubtedly plagiarize from your map.
    Thank you, Cornelia!! If I'm one of the best cartographers in the world, I don't know, but I surely make some decent maps.

We should congratulate the esteemed Mr. McQuade. He just found the Flash among cartographers.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Wow. Chick, that email reply you posted really takes the biscuit!

Sapiento, I'm really glad you got your money and so sorry you had to publicly shame the guy to get it (and I'm reasonably sure that's likely the only reason he paid.) What is it with people who don't realise that only years of experience allows someone to do a job quickly and professionally, but utilising that experience will cost money. He'll be one of those types who calls out a plumber to fix his blocked toilet, and then spends the entire visit telling the plumber how he could have fixed it himself.
    You're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Qoff View Post
    Once you know what you're doing its a fast process. I'm working on a map in the last month and yet it will not be good like the Sapiento, Levodoom, Ramah, or other artist maps, and I mean even those quick made maps. Thats because I'm learning, it's the same with other jobs, I'm a criminal lawyer and I can do most of criminal defenses very quick since its all on my mind, but that doesn't mean that I'm scaming someone.
    Indeed. And even if I'm fast a good map takes its time.

WOW! Some people are just so self-centered and (*a few bad words*)! I would rather not spend my time being mad at this commissioner's stupidity and rather focus on how you and every other cartographer here is worth every penny that anyone spends on them. I have always loved your work and this map even though it looks a little rushed is still beautiful! Your work blows me away time and time again! I can't imagine doing something this beautiful this fast! Wonderfull work!

Luckily both of the people I have worked with so far have been awesome! One of them even offered to pay me more than what we originally agreed upon. I know that most people are not like (**) and I would like to thank every single one of them, they understand the value of hard work that is done well.

I'm very happy that you were paid in full at the end of all that, because it is truly well done map! Also thank you for warning us all about him. I wish I could Rep you right now but my Rep bank says no
    Last edited by Domino44; 04-13-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast