Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ahhh... hate getting new stuff and then it doesn't work. Remember when I got my first flat screen tv ... on the third day I finally got the stuff needed to send a picture to it... it was very depressing putting the old tv back up...
    That Fractal Designs Painter sounds very interesting, like the building up thing, and I did paint with acryllic some years ago, before the wife and kids..
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Gamerprinter, you just bought yourself the perfect excuse to upgrade your Xtreme. The new version came out two days ago and is called Xara Designer. It features - among other things - enhanced pressure support for tablets. See here for details.

Coincidentally, I just got myself a small Bamboo, and it works great. I do need to practise a bit more to get used to it (I doubt it will completely replace my mouse), and I definately need to practise a lot on my freehand drawing skills.....

Oh man, I didn't think about that. I'm using XP myself. I'll have to make sure whatever I get will run on my machine. I'm not really gung-ho about "upgrading" to Vista.

edit: Ok, wait a second - On their website it says the 'Fun' will work with XP. Is this an issue with Xara or with the OS?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

It's odd that the bamboo would need vista to run, the intuos4 works fine in XP..

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

The box that the Bamboo Fun came in says "requires Vista or higher...", perhaps the version I've got is Vista+, but another version might not be, I didn't realize this at the time that I ordered. I do have GIMP loaded on my Vista machine and I've loaded the bundled CorelPainter and Adobe Elements, while I do have Adobe PS 7 on that machine as well. So I've done some dabbling with the tablet today, but I'm at work, so I can only dabble so much, before needing to go to work, and use my other PCs until I'm more familiar with using the tablet. Got to get customer jobs done, not play with the new pointing device.

@Fransie, yeah, I was holding off on upgrading to XX5, because I new "6" or some other new Xara flavor was on the horizon and wanted to wait for that, before I upgraded anyway. Good to know "Xara Designer" came out, so its time for me to upgrade Xara anyway. Thanks.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

My Bamboo (MTE-450A) works fine on XP with both XX5 and XD6.

GP, hit the Wacom site and see if the XP driver will work for you. The hardware should be compatible all the way back to Win2k.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Default If that's true, it would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    GP, hit the Wacom site and see if the XP driver will work for you. The hardware should be compatible all the way back to Win2k.
    If that's true Midgardsormer, it would be great, I'll go check right now. Don't mind upgrading Xara, but I'd rather just use my XP computer at work, as its connected to printers, other PCs with resources on them, etc.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah, I would think it should work fine on XP, I suppose a driver should do it...

@jax - if you plan to upgrade - it shouldn't be to Vista, rather to Windows 7. Im running Vista and its ok but far from perfect, but all the (computer)nerds amongst my friends are really loving windows 7, which should be faster and lighter and all that, and with the cool features from Vista, but this time they work *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

My Intuous3 (which I love more than icecream on a hot day) works with all my XP, Vistard Win7 and OSX machines. I've not come across anyone with this problem before, so might it be duff hardware in the tablet?

Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast