Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Another Test City

Phew....nearly there. I'm not sure the border works very well, and I need to do something about all that dead space in the bottom left and finish off the fortress properly. The end's in sight!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think the border is fine, it's simple, doesn't draw the eye, and conveys what it needs to.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Just fill up the dead space with farmland or miscellaneous trees n rocks.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Cheers Guys, there were a few things bugging me about the map, (hated the red district names) but I think I've sorted them now and it's finished (yay!) Final version posted in the finished maps gallery.

I hate to say this so late in the game, but I could sack this city so easily. The north is completely exposed as it has no killing grounds.

Were I duke of this city the walls would all have a clear killing ground out to 500 yards filled with growing straw. This would make the approach of infantry slow and hard. The fields would have random pattern 1 ft tall walls and random pitfalls to make the approach of siege engines impossible.

Other wise the map looks nice.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234