Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Back to Easteorra (Overhaul & Coloration)

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EASTEORRA.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	89851

Small update, mostly with the stuff I've been able to do before heading off to work in the mornings. Did all the light and shading for the hills, colored the remaining mountains/craters/volcanoes (and the one that I added), and created a few waterfalls.

So, with the commission out of the way I had some time to work on this again. Gave the mountains a lighter, slightly blue color and added the coniferous forests. The trees are complete objects, each single one added with the clone tool. I know it looks slightly same-ish, but part of it will be covered by the map border so it should work out in the final version.

For the decidous forests I'll go a more traditional route. I had planned to do it the same way as the coniferous one, but the different trees were slightly too bright, and making the forests diverse enough would have been an extreme time killer.

Name:	EASTEORRA.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	90107

Alright, made some progress again today. Getting closer to the point where I can refine the topography and start creating the locations I intend to protray on the map.

Name:	EASTEORRA Upload 3.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	90318

Its looking really good, Wired

Are you going to add any stray bunches of trees around the margins of the forests to kind of soften the line?

Really impressive. So many little things that you find just working your way around the map. Damn.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Sizeman21's Avatar

Wow, enjoying the progress on this map so far!

Guild Expert

Why have I not seen this before? I'm trying to do a similar style right now, so it was interesting to read through all you're posts on this thread, and get a glimps into you're process...Thanks for sharing, there's so many little details to explore in this map. If I can comment on one thing tho, it's that the pine type trees in the northern part really don't suit the style of the rest of the map, to me they are really jarring, and they jumped out like a sore thumb right away. I find them really distracting compared to the hand drawn style in all you're other elements.

Huge and overwhelming are the two words that comes to mind ! The landscape you're showing is humbling and a little bit frightening. Great job !

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Its looking really good, Wired

Are you going to add any stray bunches of trees around the margins of the forests to kind of soften the line?
    I added a few, but not too many. Kinda tricky to find a good middle ground at that scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by LargusMeans View Post
    Really impressive. So many little things that you find just working your way around the map. Damn.
    Thank you, glad you like it. There'll be a lot more of those little things in the final version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizeman21 View Post
    Wow, enjoying the progress on this map so far!
    Thank you, glad you like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Why have I not seen this before? I'm trying to do a similar style right now, so it was interesting to read through all you're posts on this thread, and get a glimps into you're process...Thanks for sharing, there's so many little details to explore in this map. If I can comment on one thing tho, it's that the pine type trees in the northern part really don't suit the style of the rest of the map, to me they are really jarring, and they jumped out like a sore thumb right away. I find them really distracting compared to the hand drawn style in all you're other elements.
    Fair point.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Huge and overwhelming are the two words that comes to mind ! The landscape you're showing is humbling and a little bit frightening. Great job !
    Thank you!

Had some time to work on the details, adding more trees, working on the shading, and adding the first few of hopefully many more locations. Obviously the statues took the most effort, even though I based them on a template.

Name:	easteorra_upload_4_by_stratomunchkin-das9uab.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	3.66 MB 
ID:	90350

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast