Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The markgravate of Greifshold - first attempt at a campaign map

Thank you guys, I am glad you like the map and thank you for the positive comments.

The mushroom man is somewhere between cute, scary and annoyed , but I am pleased to read that he can be read as scary. Out of any reason I really like mushroom man/ Myconids. As it happens I have a few Myconid miniatures lying around that will suit me well when planning out an encounter in that part of the forest.

There are two things I may slightly change for the final version:

Make the oak tree slightly smaller, so that it better fits the shield.

Maybe change the perspective of the "palace" in the top corner of Greifshold to align more with the temple in front of it.

I am also debating if I should colorise it using Photoshop or make an attempt at using real watercolors or maybe acrylics.

I make a few copies of the line art and then experiment a bit.

Thanks again all for your feedback, it really motivates me!

There's so much going on in this map ! That's marvelous ! I hope you're gonna color it 'cause that'll be even more awesome. Rep-worthy already !

The coloration is progressing nicely, but I still have to add a bit more depth to the details and the trees I think.

Two previews below that are almost finished.

The good thing about fighting Mykonides is, that in case of victory there will be mushroom pizza for dinner:

Greifshold may be a young city, but the subjects of the margrave are proud people. The oak tree in front of the palace symbolises the qualities of the people of Greifshold: strong-willed, loyal, unbowed.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I don't even know what to say: everything is so intricate but clear, and the subtle autumn-like colors are perfect. Dang, man. This is top-drawer.

Thank you Diamond. Glad you like the colour choice. I am generally speaking a big fan of autumn and also use the theme in my scale models and miniature basing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234