Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: September Entry: "Feeding Hills" Village Maps

Map Final Map for Challenge!

Here's my final for Challenge purposes. I can post higher resolution images of each section (top and bottom) if that helps. I have more work to do for publication, including dozens of tags identifying buildings and locations.

Context. Bear in mind that, in the adventure this illustrates, this isn't a true "before and after" setting. The "false" village in the lower half exists at the same time and not far from the real Feeding Hills. But when the adventurers come back up from their toils underground into the false village, they likely don't know it's not the real village, and it appears as if decades, if not centuries, have passed.

Gratitude! Thanks to everyone who offered support and assistance on this thread during this project! You folks rock!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ashenvale; 09-27-2009 at 11:57 PM.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
    -George Bernard Shaw

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Don't forget the ### LATEST WIP ### tag so the thumbnail scraper can pick it up!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

What's the LATEST WIP tag? How do I attach it?

Babe in the woods here.

All alone.

Clueless.

Waaaaaaa!!
    -George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post

Whenever you put a new map in put ### Latest WIP ### just before you upload the map as an image attachment and then it should appear on the
    thumbnails page of all current entries.
    Quote is worth a thousand words and all that.

A lot of the voters will look at the thumbnail page that gets generated, and go from there, so you don't want to lose any potential votes because they had to work to find your map

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Oh, okay, thanks Coyotemax! Let me try posting my final again. The code goes straight into the text of the post, right? Let me give it a try.

Sorry for the duplication that's about to ensue! Hope I'm doing it right this time.
    Last edited by Ashenvale; 09-28-2009 at 12:22 AM.

Map Final Map for Challenge -- With WIP Code for Thumbnail!

Here's my final for Challenge purposes. I can post higher resolution images of each section (top and bottom) if that helps. I have more work to do for publication, including dozens of tags identifying buildings and locations.

Context. Bear in mind that, in the adventure this illustrates, this isn't a true "before and after" setting. The "false" village in the lower half exists at the same time and not far from the real Feeding Hills. But when the adventurers come back up from their toils underground into the false village, they likely don't know it's not the real village, and it appears as if decades, if not centuries, have passed.

Gratitude! Thanks to everyone who offered support and assistance on this thread during this project! You folks rock!

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -George Bernard Shaw

Question

Yikes! My name and a thumbnail popped up on the September Challenge page, but the thumbnail shows only a miniscule, random section of my map. Clicking on the thumbnail shows only a larger version of the same tiny snippet from the map.

I must be doing something wrong.

Any advice? How do I help the system create a thumbnail that shows the whole map or that links to the whole map?

All is well for the moment. The last time the thumbnail script was run, that just happened to be the last image in your thread that it picked up, is all. When it gets run again (it usually does right before the voting starts, i believe it's a manual process) it will pick your tagged image and display that.

If i recall the thumbnail scraper will still nab images from your thread, but with the tag, you have control over exactly which image it will be.
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 09-28-2009 at 12:43 AM.

My finished maps

Thanks again, Coyotemax! It looks like it will pay for me to learn a bit more about the system here! I appreciate the heads up!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

This is beautiful. I'm glad you kept it at the same scale in the end, makes it easier to compare

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast