Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sept / Oct '17 Lite Challenge: Map The Caves of Chaos.

Guild Artisan

Alright, so I got a question for you. I am doing section 9. And there are stairs in the hall going from Chamber 29 to Chamber 28. I assumed it was down to Chamber 28 as that would be natural considering the elevation, but I think the map is showing it going down to 29? Anyone better at reading this than me?

Hello, I'm interested in joining for section #5.
    I'm pretty new to this, and I know I entered late, so I'm not sure I'll complete it in time...but I'd like to participate still if I can

Hello, I'd like to join if I am still able. I'm new to this, and I know I entered late, so I probably won't finish it...but I'd like to try my hand regardless. Besides, It'd be cool if I could actually put something in. Section 5 looks fun to do, so I'll pick that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kier View Post
    Alright, so I got a question for you. I am doing section 9. And there are stairs in the hall going from Chamber 29 to Chamber 28. I assumed it was down to Chamber 28 as that would be natural considering the elevation, but I think the map is showing it going down to 29? Anyone better at reading this than me?
    I dont think its clear at all from the ref map. I would say use best judgement and if it were me I would say go in the direction you assumed.

There are 2 symbols for the stairs. One of them indicates that is goes down with the small lines being lower. This one on your map tells it's going up but doesn't tell where up and down are. At least I think the lines mostly are of the same length.
    Logic tells me that room 29 is higher since the whole level where is stands is higher.
    The altitude of the level might not be uniform but the difference should be small from one end to the other. The map has Slope written at some places to indicate a change in elevation, but there is none in that area.

Guild Artisan

Thanks Redrobes and Azelor. Wasnt too concerned just was confusing to me.

I would agree with Azelor. 28 is definitely lower than 29 so the stairs go down to 28. On the brown map the cartographer simply put the stairs symbol on wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Noltron000 View Post
    Hello, I'd like to join if I am still able. I'm new to this, and I know I entered late, so I probably won't finish it...but I'd like to try my hand regardless. Besides, It'd be cool if I could actually put something in. Section 5 looks fun to do, so I'll pick that
    Welcome to the Challenge Noltron000 , I will add your name and send you the room info when I get home tonight.

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    I would agree with Azelor. 28 is definitely lower than 29 so the stairs go down to 28. On the brown map the cartographer simply put the stairs symbol on wrong.
    Perfect, that's what I had been going with as it made the most sense, then realized it wasn't as obvious as I had thought.

I've been working away on Section 3, Mr. Bogues, but just now realized I never started a thread indicating this fact!
    I intend to remedy this fact soon, but didn't want you to think I had bailed on the Challenge in the meantime.

It's been pretty slooooooow going for me, folks. It's been a long time since I've attempted anything quite so ... CLOSE UP. I find myself getting even more mired in minutia than usual!

Hey! That sounds cool: mired in minutia. Mired ... in ... minuuuuuutia. I think I just found my next band name! Thanks Bogie!
    Mired in Minusia.jpg

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast