Thread: Wacom announces full tablet models

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No, even if you're young it's not a good idea. I was flattened by a back spasm in my early 20's. Worst pain I've ever experienced. I still get paranoid about back pain after that experience.

I haven't tried Windows 8 yet. What are the common complaints about it at the moment? About the only thing I know about it is that it will cause office workers to spontaneously breakdance.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    What are the common complaints about it at the moment? About the only thing I know about it is that it will cause office workers to spontaneously breakdance.
    I only have complaints against Windows 8 in the desktop environment. The Meto interface is horribad for a desktop (thought it is easily gotten rid of) and the security lock down makes some tasks a major pain. Oh and it really likes messing with drawing tablets because even in desktop mode it has the assumption that touches are coming from a screen. Tablet wise it's not bad. Not great, but not bad.

Dat price tag though....ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    What are the common complaints about it at the moment?
    Probably the fact that the interface is a bit of a Harvey Dent/Two-Face. The two interfaces are not smoothly integrated into each other and it's very awkward trying to switch from desktop programs to metro apps and vice versa. I wouldn't mind having a metro tablet that runs purely metro, but when that interface starts invading into the familiar old desktop, things get very annoying very quickly.
    Here's a link to my deviantART, because I haven't got better things to write here (yet).