good point Hai-Etlik. I normally warp the hell out of my maps though. I normally map for board games, and have to compromise geographical accuracy for gameplay and userability. (real word?). I just don't have the experience using vector bases.

It's just what I'm used to. But I think it's a good reference point for the common person to know. zoom in and trace borders from google maps (or the likes). I also plan to show the tapered brush settings to create tapered rivers. Awesome technique I learned here. And the follow brush direction for buildings, with bevel. and certainly layer effects and layer blending options.

And Ascension - great points. I'm not the greatest public speaker. But when i'm prepared, and someone initiates conversation (questions) I do much better. I hope I can influence some of them to try a map. I will certainly drop a plug for this site as well. Anyone interested in mapping, I don't care if it's goverment or D&D'er, this website is a great resource.

I'm glad you all posted and showed interest. It's why I joined this community in the first place.

- end cheese now.