Thread: May/June 2013 Lite Challenge Entry: Dying Sea

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Nice idea. Coastiles are a bit pixellated though and the way you fill all the cartouche with text isn't really aesthetic. Leaving some empty space all around the text would make it more pleasant to read Also the way you just put eh years labels on the smalls cartouches looks a bit rushed in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Nice idea. Coastiles are a bit pixellated though and the way you fill all the cartouche with text isn't really aesthetic. Leaving some empty space all around the text would make it more pleasant to read Also the way you just put eh years labels on the smalls cartouches looks a bit rushed in my opinion.

Thank you much Max. I made some alterations to it, including enlarging the base canvas so I could spread the cartouches out some as well as enlarging the lower cartouche. This gave me the added benefit of being able to increase the font.

I'm not sure how to fix the pixellation on the main map, I made it at 150/inch, which I was hoping would be fine enough for most monitors without making the file overlarge. I did add some noise to the sand texture which is underlaying the map, do you think that could be the problem?

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aral Sea 2.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	54856