Thread: Mouse's stuff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Didn't realise you were using Affinity too, Mouse. I love Designer for map-making. I often use it in conjunction with Inkscape, cos there are a few things Designer can't do (or do as easily as Inkscape). But the fact that both programs support SVG makes it really easy to work between them, without any loss of quality.

I've only used Affinity Photo for, well, editing photos (RAW files, mostly), and it's fairly decent for that. Haven't used it much for mapping, but I've pretty much given up hand-drawing maps these days.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Didn't realise you were using Affinity too, Mouse. I love Designer for map-making. I often use it in conjunction with Inkscape, cos there are a few things Designer can't do (or do as easily as Inkscape). But the fact that both programs support SVG makes it really easy to work between them, without any loss of quality.

I've only used Affinity Photo for, well, editing photos (RAW files, mostly), and it's fairly decent for that. Haven't used it much for mapping, but I've pretty much given up hand-drawing maps these days.
    Oh yes. I got fed up with GIMP not having 'live' filter effects. Didn't want to have to pay again every month for PS, so I tried Affinity since I kept hearing about how it was as good as PS. I've never looked back. Everything I've done in the last 6 months has been done in Photo, with a few bits in Designer.

I used Designer to design the SVG badges for the new Profantasy forum. I've never been able to grasp Inkscape, but AD is pretty much like Corel. Corel is just so overpriced these days.

EDIT:

OMGosh! You're an Administrator now? I'm sorry - I didn't notice the change. Congratulations!

That is such a terrible shame - you not mapping any more! Mapping is really good for the soul. I hope you find time to come back to it at some point in the not too distant future.
    Last edited by Mouse; 11-02-2020 at 09:12 AM.