Thread: Oraven - The Red Moors- fantasy map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks TalonIII. I use to use some combination of several textures layers. I'm not sure that will help you but on this one, the land base background is made of 7 layers : 1 colored landmass layer, 3 textures layers set to color burn (20, 60 and 20%), 1 texture layer (actually the first of the 3 previous ones) set to overlay 80%, a light adjustment layer on hue/saturation and another texture layer set to color burn 20% (some of those textures are homemade, others are from the web). For the sea, i used a colored base layer and 4 other layers : a texture one (the first one use on the land) set at linear burn 60%, a texture one (the second one I used on the land) set at color burn 40%, a texture one set to color 30% that I partially erased with some grunge brushes ( the less redish part on the south of the map) and modified with an adjustment layer on hue/saturation

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Thanks TalonIII. I use to use some combination of several textures layers. I'm not sure that will help you but on this one, the land base background is made of 7 layers : .....
    This, THIS is why I love this site. Everyone, helps raise everyone else's "game" with helpful tips, suggestions, inspiration, etc.