Thread: Fellwick - WiP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I agree with SG on the rockmounts ... some breaking surf around them might look cool.

I like the stroked version better, but both are looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Depending on how cluttered this gets the stroked one might be best as it defines the spaces better. If that empty space is for farms then I guess it won't get too cluttered and therefore the non-stroked painted version might be best...but you'll need to make your houses a tad lighter so that they don't blend into the shadows.
    I did notice that they were getting a little dark. Hopefully this is a bit better. I did hope to put some farms in that empty space, yes. The town, though, is pretty close to finished, other than another couple of houses over on the eastern side.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    I like either version, but Ascension has a good point.

I think your beaches need just a bit more blending (but not much), maybe a little Gaussian Blur might help. You might also want to do something with the transition of the rock mounts in the water.
    After some consideration, I decided to blur the beaches. I think it came out pretty good! For the rocks, I removed the stroke and made them a little darker at the edges and played with a dissolved outer glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    I agree with SG on the rockmounts ... some breaking surf around them might look cool.

I like the stroked version better, but both are looking good.
    I liked parts of the stroked version, and parts of the unstroked version, so I combined the two. I'm not sure what I think of it yet.

There's quite a bit still that needs a bit of blur at the edges if I'm going to keep it at 100% size. I'm thinking I like it more along the lines of 75% or so, though, like the second picture here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fellwick4.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	534.8 KB 
ID:	17613   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fellwick4idealsize.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	317.7 KB 
ID:	17614