Thread: The World of Spriggvärld

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    That's really cool! I like the feel of it in general. It seems like it could've all been done by hand.
    Aside from using a computer for all my input everything pretty much was using a wacom tablet drawing all the lines in by hand I am not good with fancy photoshop effects so all the little details and lines were done like that. The shading/fine lines took a ton of time and I was really sick of coloring mountains after a while...

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Joshua's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lothel View Post
    Aside from using a computer for all my input everything pretty much was using a wacom tablet drawing all the lines in by hand I am not good with fancy photoshop effects so all the little details and lines were done like that. The shading/fine lines took a ton of time and I was really sick of coloring mountains after a while...
    Ahh, intriguing! I just recently got an entry level wacom tablet as well, all because of cartography, and I'm enjoying it a lot. I believe you, about getting sick of the coloring! Hehe. But I'm glad you stuck it out. The individual touches and details make this map more personal. Personally, I started out with an enjoyment of the consistency of something like CC3, but I've quickly grown to appreciate and admire the intricacies of work like this even more.