Thread: Lands of Fagacea

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aquarits View Post
    Yes, you are talking about the rivers. I am still with problens when need to resize the map to get a fine resolution to post in the forum. I will take care in this next map using larger fonts trying to avoid this issue.
    No I was talking about the mountains labels. But you're right, rivers labels aren't really legible aswell

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    No I was talking about the mountains labels. But you're right, rivers labels aren't really legible aswell
    you right, now i understood and fixed before the finished map
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...tml#post237440

For now i added my mountains and some deph features. I liked this mountains, ofc i used other maps as inspirations but in the end i guess i found something of my own creation Probly i will use it for my other maps till i am doing Egosm so i am trying to retry and have the sure that i can do it.
    I skiped the minor maps for now, trying to focus only in the region, worked in the background of the ice, hope it is giving a cold feling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tartaria_Paradoxia_step3.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	61360

After i get the positions of the mountains i believe finished the sticked places of the land. So i started set the cities.
    Why i did it before the rives? At start i tried put my rivers, but stand of the hardest situation that i got since beggin, the scale of this map is completely diferent of my older maps and i have some variations coz i am not using a completely plane shape, wut guides me for a future question: How i will stale this map using a non planar projection? ( hope some observations about that, but is not the point to worrie right now)
    With that situation i started set all cities before rivers and got a closely properly positions and just after this, i started work with the rivers and make some icons positions adjustments. At this point i stoped for a few mins and prayed to god saying thx for not having much rivers to set up in this map
    Only after all this job i started put the trees, trying to respect the max the position of my old maps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tartaria_Paradoxia_step3.1.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	61361

I just added some standard textures and finishings just to start to see how it is going on. Dunno if the oceans will keep this color coz i want to add some freezing effect and maybe i need something more strong, like a deep blue. I have some other textures prepared for use but is for the next time