Thread: City of Norrilund

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OK, I'll take the bait.

Does the Withey Arch commemorate something? Does the Scherfling clockworks put out timepieces or automatons? Am I seeing one Railway company, or multiples, and is any of that trackage electrified, or is it all steam-powered locomotion? Do the folks in Sangwick know that marsh is a health hazard? Or are the mosquitos how it got its name (sang-wick roughly could equal blood-sucker)?

Niiiiice work, sir - if I ration it out, there's a year's worth of perusal here - thanks for a very entertaining map! Wish I could dole out more than a smidgen of rep at a time.

Professional Artist

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
    Does the Withey Arch commemorate something? Does the Scherfling clockworks put out timepieces or automatons? Am I seeing one Railway company, or multiples, and is any of that trackage electrified, or is it all steam-powered locomotion? Do the folks in Sangwick know that marsh is a health hazard? Or are the mosquitos how it got its name (sang-wick roughly could equal blood-sucker)?
    Withey Arch:
    Withey Arch is a massive hunk of stone at the north end of Deer Park, spanning Leswick Road. Originally constructed to be the main entrance to Artsfield Palace, it proved to be too small and was relocated to its present position.

Scherfling Clockworks:
    Scherfling's is best known for its pocket-watches, which are only made by special order, and for its cuckoo clocks, which completely cover the walls of the shop. In addition to timepieces, Scherfling's also manufactures clockwork arms and miniature automata. For larger robotics, Blackpool Automata is your supplier.

Railways:
    The metropolitan railways are all run by Norrilund Metropolitan Railways. They are electrified, using power generated at Texley Generating Station and Ainsword Power Station. The four rail lines leaving the city owned by different carriers, and are steam trains.

Sangwick:
    Soundingsfield Marsh is indeed infested with mosquitos of all shapes and sizes, and the source of much of the malaria that often plagues Norrilund in the summer. It acts as a hard boundary between the urban development and the rural fields. Plans to drain the marsh, as was done successfully earlier at Abbeytown Marsh, are being drawn up.

Thanks!