Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
I noticed a small problem: If you take a point between "Kazak-Dur" and "The Vale of Tears" then head due west you'll see there is a hill brush showing through a mountain. Small point but you might like to fix it.
What an eagle eye!
found it, fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
If I had one criticism with the map it would be that some of your elements don't gel together seamlessly. The mountains are very dark and quite sharp, the hills are a much more muted, browner shade and are more blurred, the trees have a sharp, almost jagged edge to them. None of them look bad in themselves but they don't look like they belong next to each other on the same map.
I think the hills look they match the colour/texture of the map the best. Although I also like how the sharpness of the trees make them stand out in an almost (and I hesitate to use this word as it is obviously completely against they style you are shooting for) 'cartoonish' way. But the trees make the hills look too blurred. And the hills make the trees look too sharp. Personally I would pick one of these two elements and try to get the others to fit in more with the style. I think you need to try blurring slightly and playing with blend modes/opacity on the mountains.
Sorry if that sounds too critical. I really like the map but I think you could make it even better with a few changes.
Look, I was actually hoping that you would add a comment, so no offence at all. I came up with this map because of yours and any comment you may have means you got across these points way before me with your own maps. It is in fact very nice that you share your thinking.
I already lowered the transparency of the mountains a bit but now that you pinpoint the thing, I'll do something about it again, and for the forest as well. I tried (meaning didn't succeed so far) to also change the color balance of the hills/ forest because that didn't match the blueish tendency ot he mountains. I'll work on that.
Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
very nice little banners you got there
two minor things - I feel the bannerstyle would look better centered on top of the town/city because of its shape... sorry
and I feel the color of the banners are a little to bright in comparison to the rest of the map and the rest of the texts...
Now that you show me the point, it is actually a bit to crisp and bright. I'll do something about them
Thanks for that

It's amazing how blind we can become after hours of work on a same map!
Thanks anyway