Thread: Mostova - another sketch up (WIP?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question: Do you use an additional rendering program?

I recommend you look into kerkythea. Its free like sketchup and plugs right into sketchup. It has a lighting engine and would really help with making you models cleaner before running them through photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Krases View Post
    Question: Do you use an additional rendering program?

I recommend you look into kerkythea. Its free like sketchup and plugs right into sketchup. It has a lighting engine and would really help with making you models cleaner before running them through photoshop.
    No I don't ... like I said, I'm really a beginner with SketchUp. I'll definitely check out Kerkythea and show you the results soon. I'm doing another test map with SketchUp of a somewhat oriental coastal town.

I also have to practice my work with textures. So many programmes, so little time ... and so much EUIII to play!

@Master - hehe, I'll count that as a success. Monitors always work better when clean. But I really need to kick myself and scan some new bits of paper for textures.

@maxsdaddy - yeah, those medieaval bridges with houses are fascinating. The Ponte Vecchio in Florence is another great example ... and the good part with a lot of Renaissance buildings and towns in Italy is that you just have to play Assassin's Creed II to look at them. I gave my sister a guided tour of Florence in that game ... I had to. After half an hour of playing I was suddenly struck, "oh my god, look, that's the bridge we sat on drinking bad wine!"
    Last edited by Lukc; 01-12-2012 at 04:16 AM.