Thread: Greetings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Welcome Aboard. Making copies of the DM Guide is simple, and while they won't look identical, if you follow the Tutorial Links under my Profile you will see how to make some really cool maps in CC3/DD3.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome. I know exactly how you feel about looking at maps. I mostly like making continents and once I have one done I start thinking about where stuff goes and what the people are doing. Actually putting all of that stuff IN is something I'm now learning as well. Enjoy the ride.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Welcome. I know exactly how you feel about looking at maps. I mostly like making continents and once I have one done I start thinking about where stuff goes and what the people are doing. Actually putting all of that stuff IN is something I'm now learning as well. Enjoy the ride.
    Good to know somone else shares my aesthetic appreciation for fantasy maps. I'd love to take a look at some of your continents. What programs do you use?
    Last edited by Knuckles_VI; 07-02-2008 at 12:18 AM.

My turn to say, "Welcome aboard Knuckles_VI." You couldn't have found a better place to be. These forums and the people on them are fantastic.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Welcome Aboard. Making copies of the DM Guide is simple, and while they won't look identical, if you follow the Tutorial Links under my Profile you will see how to make some really cool maps in CC3/DD3.
    LOL, your personal quote had me feeling bad about my verbosity - then I read it for a third time and "got it".

Saw you had a couple of good tutorials that I'll be sure to check out. Love your icon as well, I'm 35 - so I had that version of the player's handbook.

I think that so far the CC3 program is fairly intuitive (a little wonky, but no more so than any other graphics program I've ever used). I'll let you know what I think after I've gone through your tutorials.

Knuckles_VI