Thread: Tips for a New Tablet User?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Hey, cool! I got a bamboo tablet recently (cheap and even on sale!) and just pulled it out again today. I have no drawing skill so the curve is steep but it's been pretty fun to play with. I'd be interested in seeing what you're producing with yours, Pineapple.

cheers,
    Meshon

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    Hey, cool! I got a bamboo tablet recently (cheap and even on sale!) and just pulled it out again today. I have no drawing skill so the curve is steep but it's been pretty fun to play with. I'd be interested in seeing what you're producing with yours, Pineapple.

cheers,
    Meshon
    I'm planning to put up the map I'm currently working on as soon as I get it to the point that I feel like it's ready to be discussed as a WIP. It's a battlemap useable for one of the adventures in Dungeon Magazine #102 that I'm going to be running with my playgroup in a couple weeks.

Quick tip: Put pencil to paper first. You may feel more comfortable starting this way. Get a drawing to where you're happy with it. Then scan it and "ink" it from there. May save time in the long run.

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarthChicago View Post
    Quick tip: Put pencil to paper first. You may feel more comfortable starting this way. Get a drawing to where you're happy with it. Then scan it and "ink" it from there. May save time in the long run.
    Yeah, good idea. I've thought about that too. I was worried it might slow down the process of getting used to the tablet, but maybe it's a good bridge.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by DarthChicago View Post
    If I decide to get a tablet for mapping my campaign, this is exactly what I'm going to do! I think this will help me get the hang of it much faster than going cold turkey on the pencil and paper. Thanks for the idea!