Thread: Medieval looking map project - The lands of the West

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I can't agree with the comments about sharpness. I blew this beautiful map up to 100% and looked at it carefully. The disparity that's mentioned here is precisely what I've noticed in similar but true historical maps in museums here in Europe. It's the difference between what a cartographer did with fine brushes and what he/she did with pens. I'd leave it the way it is.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oliva View Post
    I can't agree with the comments about sharpness. I blew this beautiful map up to 100% and looked at it carefully. The disparity that's mentioned here is precisely what I've noticed in similar but true historical maps in museums here in Europe. It's the difference between what a cartographer did with fine brushes and what he/she did with pens. I'd leave it the way it is.
    I suppose I'm just a stickler for clarity and sharpness. I did consider the historical nature of the map style; in reality it's a very minor issue either way and the map will look beautiful no matter what I'm sure.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

Looking good so far. My only critique goes for the background/ocean layer, which kinda looks like jeans. That aside, it's looking really good.