Thread: Rosantis - Interactive Fantasy Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So, I am absolutely not meaning to dis your work here... please understand that. I really think you need to spend some time looking carefully at your scale. It just doesn't make any sense to me. A couple of your cities are literally dozens of miles across. In your last map, your main dock is nearly 1/2 mile out into the water. I think artistically you've got a good thing going, and when I read the scale it lost me entirely. Personally, I would remove your scale marks entirely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Veilheim View Post
    So, I am absolutely not meaning to dis your work here... please understand that. I really think you need to spend some time looking carefully at your scale. It just doesn't make any sense to me. A couple of your cities are literally dozens of miles across. In your last map, your main dock is nearly 1/2 mile out into the water. I think artistically you've got a good thing going, and when I read the scale it lost me entirely. Personally, I would remove your scale marks entirely.
    Yeah, I totally understand where you're coming from. And I'm aware of the discrepancy. I talked about it a small bit at the end of my last post. Lots of things kinda break the scale, really. Like rivers and bridges, and yeah the piers definitely. However... I'm very fond of the scales. I think they tie together a map. I will be doing some research into alternatives, or possibly just tweaking the scale to be smaller. Thanks for the input