Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thumbnail Scraper for Cartographer's Choice

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    BOOOOM - heh heh yeah it seems to be just fine !
    Savage...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Grin !

I have put up my little mini map creator as a CGI script. All you have to do is write some #'s into a text file and it turns that into a neat boxed grid. Its for when your super lazy like me. Also you can use a screen grab as the input to RobA's auto texturing Gimp dungeon creator.

I am sure that isomage and others will do a much better job than this simple one.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/ut...oadMiniMap.htm

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sweet! So, all that remains is google analytics code, and cron stuff...which I'll be checking into probably late tonight, or tomorrow while I'm at work.

If you have any instructions for what I need to point the cron too and how often, send em over or post em here.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

Check the Miscellaneous menu up top Getting there.

Blog Entries

Cool, I can see that this will unburden my sig too...

Blog Entries

I have the WIP challenge scraper running on cgi. I never thought it would work like that but I managed to crowbar it a bit. Its odd to see it get the image so darn quickly and it resizes it pretty fast too. Dunno what kind of iron is running that server but its quite beefy. So its a button push now to update the thumbs which is even less hassle than before where there was at least the FTP afterward.
    So if cron can be applied then its hands free until the start of the months challenge to get the new entries up and you can be darned sure ill cgi that bit too cos that's currently a pain in the butt as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Check the Miscellaneous menu up top Getting there.
    Any chance of that being under the community menu - like at the bottom with the members bit.

Blog Entries

Updated the menus. Miscellaneous menu has the keyword index and the Introductions Index. Community menu now has Member Location map and link to CWBP. CWBP Place index should probably be put on the Wiki and I'll add a link to it on the CWBP forum page.

Just out of curiosity...how does the Keyword Index compare to http://www.cartographersguild.com/tags.php

Blog Entries

My keyword job just indexes against a list of keywords that I have chosen and displays all threads which have that keyword in the title. It also displays the thread starter too so that if one person keeps posting about something then you know who to ask about it. The trouble with the keyword scraper is that it has to pull in all of the thread titles so thats about 10-15 pages of thread lists and then it sets about munging them all. It generates the member intro, keyword, finished maps index, and choice maps index all from the same get tho. Then the finished and choice maps are fetched from the index to make up the thumbs page for each.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123