Thread: Arnhaarm - Small fictional world map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I was today in the university Library, they had some nice books about for example the nepolionic wars or the american civil war, with detailed mapt of military encounters and so on. Perhaps your local library have such things too. Always a great source.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    I was today in the university Library, they had some nice books about for example the nepolionic wars or the american civil war, with detailed mapt of military encounters and so on. Perhaps your local library have such things too. Always a great source.
    I have pretty good idea of how the map should look, thanks to maps like those you mentioned. I am just thinking of how to make all the symbols and what kind of military units icons to use - figures of soldiers or military style units (square with X in it for example). Maybe I will go with soldier icons, with the amount of soldiers indicating the army size. (like a turn-based strategy war game).The arrows that should indicate the army path is what I cannot find anywhere on the internet. All the arrows I can find are pretty generic and are not as flexible as I need them to be. WW2 style army path arrows is what I am going for.
    Last edited by joebg; 10-13-2011 at 07:01 PM.