Thread: Making ideas into a Map - Ancient Lands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You may be wanting this? http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=XRPFREE2

The link takes you to a download page for a free pdf called A Magical Society: Guide to Mapping.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

That looks really quite good for what I am looking for.
    Maps show the past: treasure maps, maps of dead empires, andmaps of sunken ancient lands. Maps show the present possibilities: harsh deserts,fertile meandering rivers, steamy jungles, and barrier mountains populated by fiercely independent people. Maps also show the future, for well I know that every conquerlooks towards a map and dreams of empire. Maps may represent a world clearly likethe finest prose or as cryptically as the best of poetry. It is because of this that I havechosen to use maps in creating my world.
    That pretty much follows my perspective on the relevance of geography, I'll surely be reading through the whole thing.

Edit: It actually is the first sample chapter of Magical Society: Ecology and Culture. Which for 10€ at RPG Now was a bargain I've taken. Will take me a while to get through the 160 pages, but the reviews are all highly positive.
    Last edited by Yora; 10-08-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    You may be wanting this? e23: A Magical Society: Guide to Mapping

The link takes you to a download page for a free pdf called A Magical Society: Guide to Mapping.
    Nice link!!!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map