Firstly; thank you very much for the reply Hai-Etlik. I appreciate it very much.

Secondly & Lastly; Oh yes, I know this isn't something you can just get overnight, or something you can slap on for a quick fix. I know it takes time to understand scale etc etc, and I am very willingly to learn about it all. I am a very committed person, so when I sit down to do something, I really sit to do it and learn it. I must admit I do have difficulties understanding things sometimes (a lot of the time I cannot help reading things backwards or wrong -- I am dyslexic), but I really want to learn. I want my worlds to be fresh, realistic and as stated, made with the soul and heart.

Of course you can ignore all that and draw something that looks pretty and resembles a map. Sometimes something that looks like a map works just fine. However, if you want to get it right, so that you can do fun things like put your map on a 3d sphere you can rotate on screen, or if you just have a persnickety streak and want to do things correctly for the sake of doing them correctly, then it gets complicated, and it's the kind of thing you need to worry about at the beginning, not something you can slap on at the end as a quick fix.
So yes, I do want to do those fun things and would very much like to do it correct *since it is too late for the map of my novel...*. May I ask for suggestions on where to start for someone who has little to no knowledge of it? Perhaps books to buy/rent *that doesn't read as if its assuming you are a professor or something lol*, or easier sites I can check out? I have tried wikipedia, but seldom do I understand it...

Thank you & good day,

Alex~