Thread: Straylands: Cry of Eskalion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

This is really nice! I think the contrast is a bit too high, and the colors a bit too strong, but I guess that's a question of taste Good job on the coastline and the textures. Howeve,r I think the swamp needs some more work to come across as a swamp – look at satellite pictures of swamps, and you'll see that there's a lot more water. Rivers and lakes everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    This is really nice! I think the contrast is a bit too high, and the colors a bit too strong, but I guess that's a question of taste Good job on the coastline and the textures. Howeve,r I think the swamp needs some more work to come across as a swamp – look at satellite pictures of swamps, and you'll see that there's a lot more water. Rivers and lakes everywhere.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kCadmvl.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	417.9 KB 
ID:	59056

I had problems with swamps. I mean, desert is obvious, forest too, hills are hills, but swamps? And the swamps i've seen thru Google Earth doesn't look like swamps at all lol. So i thought about thing.

As for saturation and contrast - well i like it. The game supposed to have kind a HoM&M3 style. Take a look.

Name:	Heroes-of-Might-Magic-III-screenshot1.jpg 
Views:	683 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	59057

Its a very unique mix of fairytale and realistic. I like it. And i am fishing for "nostalgy factor".
    Remember guys. The thing you see is not just a map you print and hang on your wall. It'll be interactive and animated. Sea waves, wind, moving trees, rain. For a print i will decrease the saturation - of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    How about now?

Name:	AJoMz2Q.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	245.8 KB 
ID:	59059