Thread: First post

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Now that's a lovely first map. I particularly like the river system in the SE.

You've got some strange edge effects going on around the coastline - not sure what's causing these. I'd also say that some of the detail is too small to be clear - a number of the rivers blend a little too much into the texture of the land.

Great first map - have some rep!

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Now that's a lovely first map. I particularly like the river system in the SE.

You've got some strange edge effects going on around the coastline - not sure what's causing these. I'd also say that some of the detail is too small to be clear - a number of the rivers blend a little too much into the texture of the land.

Great first map - have some rep!
    Thanks for the comments and the rep.

I think the effects along the coast were caused when I used the watercolour filter in PS. That gives the map its artistic effect, so I'm not sure how to do it without causing the coast to look like that. Not that I mind too much, I somewhat like the dark outline, and the price is certainly worth it. I'm going for functional beauty more than technical accuracy here.

If someone knows a way to get around this, however, I'd certainly give it a try.

As for the rivers, once again, this is caused by the watercolour filter. Not sure what to do there, either..

Thanks again.

Shaz