Thread: Boreas Gunship Deckplans WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Talroth View Post
    What is the crew size of the ship? Does it carry cargo, and what level are any air locks on? Do the marines man the weapon systems or normal crew? It seems odd to have them housed on a ship weapon deck, and not near any boarding areas.

But I like it. Can't wait to see it finished. Going to get an exterior render?
    I will probably change Marine Barracks to Crew or Security Barracks. I will have a better idea once I get the next two levels done. It is a gunship so it doesn't carry cargo (except ship supplies). The rest of the questions will be answered by the time I finish the plans.

To answer Talroth's and Steel General's questions about the exterior - sorry, but I don't have any plans to do the outside view (at this time at least). Drawing spaceships isn't really one of my strengths. The ship can look anyway you wish it to as long as it follows the general layout.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turgenev View Post
    To answer Talroth's and Steel General's questions about the exterior - sorry, but I don't have any plans to do the outside view (at this time at least). Drawing spaceships isn't really one of my strengths.
    BOO!! HISS!! BOO!!

(Just kidding)
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    BOO!! HISS!! BOO!!

(Just kidding)
    LOL! Believe me, if I tried to draw what the ship looks like on the outside, people would be booing and hissing.

Actually I'm aiming for these maps to be RPG system neutral so if someone wants to use them in their Star Wars game, they can describe the ship with that in mind. Same for a Traveller, Alternity, or what-have-you SF setting. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx