Thread: The Empire of Aversten

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoarseWhisperer View Post
    This is a really beautiful map. The colours are fantastic, and the style is fresh (maybe unique). There are a few aspects of this map that don't work so well, but I'm pretty sure if you keep to this style you'll improve (and I reckon it's not unlikely you'll win some prestigious awards here at CG).

Congratulations on an excellent first map.

THW
    Aaaw, thank you so much!!!! I was worried that this map was going the wrong way since it's not in the style I usually see in maps, but I'm glad that's not the case

Quote Originally Posted by flocko View Post
    I let out an involuntary Oooo when I saw the thumbnail. It's really beautifully done. And it was fun matching up the countries with the story.

If you don't mind some criticism though, the text is really hard to read in some places.
    Thank you!!! Yeah, it got harder to make the text stand out more as I coloured the land darker I'll have to learn how to stop that from happening in my next map...

Quote Originally Posted by seredemia View Post
    Thank you!!! Yeah, it got harder to make the text stand out more as I coloured the land darker I'll have to learn how to stop that from happening in my next map...
    A thin light border around the text can go a long way (sometimes too far). I'll look forward to the next one. Aquis Larivar perhaps?