Thread: [Award Winner] Photoshop 7 - Overworld Map Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

sylven I would guess that you don't have the mountains on a separate layer ! ?
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Quote Originally Posted by lostatsea View Post
    sylven I would guess that you don't have the mountains on a separate layer ! ?
    Yes, the bevel/color overlay is on a separate level. I wanted to keep it very basic, so I only have two layers at the moment, a ground layer, and what you would consider a mountain layer (inner bevel / color overlay). Keep in mind though, I am starting from scratch; rather than open the psd file incorporated in the tutorial, I wanted to try to create my own. But like I said, every time I set the bevel layer, it simply bevels the whole page. I made sure my settings were identical as they could be to the tutorial settings without doing a complete copy over, at least for the purposes of figuring out how to do it. I know I am either forgetting to click something so I can "draw in bevel," or the settings are not right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, the purpose for making a custom start up is for a more tailored layout, in addition I just want to learn how to create custom settings like this. While I have worked in GIMP, Paintshop, SAI, and several other programs; Photoshop is kind of new to me.