Thread: Coloring a pen & paper map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Note the areas of darker blue water in the depths. I did this by creating multiple stacked layers of transparent blue. When stacking the difference is darkened and appears deeper. Even though I create a lot of photo-realistic style maps, this fake "water color" style is the one I am hired most often to create for publisher commissions.

I did a rough draft tutorial of this exact river crossing/waterfalls map in the Tutorials forum.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 07-28-2014 at 06:22 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Note the areas of darker blue water in the depths. I did this by creating multiple stacked layers of transparent blue. When stacking the difference is darkened and appears deeper. Even though I create a lot of photo-realistic style maps, this fake "water color" style is the one I am hired most often to create for publisher commissions.

I did a rough draft tutorial of this exact river crossing/waterfalls map in the Tutorials forum.

GP
    I noticed the link in your sig to Game Printers, do you know if they're still active? Their order page is broken and I got no response when I sent them an email.