Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
<shrug> ... I see two triangles, a lopsided square, and a circle-ish. Tell me again why he can't enter? Ooooooh - just because he didn't do his own labels. Hmmmm. Problematic, that.

Maybe if you had done *generic" labels as elements, y'know, and they were stuck onto his mountain-house-tree map like many of us rely on freely available symbols... I'd cut some slack for a guy who can't write very well yet just like I'd discount problems with the palette of a color-blind cartographer. Which we have, by the way. And last I remember his maps were great.

I don't take myself seriously, and I kid a lot, but I am NOT making fun of your son's map. It would be great if HE made fun out of it, y'know? Tell him somebody asked if you can see a train from that house. I'd draw tracks near my house. Plus they're a) an easy symbol that b) a four-year-old guy might like. I know - I was a four-year-old once. Might still be one...

If you're having trouble coming up with features you like that are the three shapes, try making the shapes negative spaces instead.
Omg I just laughed at that for almost 20 minutes straight!

He can't enter because he can't type well enough to make his own account, and (as an avid club penguin-er) he knows better than to let anyone know his password, so he won't let me make one for him

(Plus I'm afraid I might get in trouble if my kid started posting: "uyeihgh;reh;b dog eih hrds hfdslgigbbebjebbreoeeeiuiueriurui" all over the forums. So...

No worries, though, he has his map hanging on the fridge, and he thinks (i don't know how) that he already won the challenge, so...

(and I totally believe you as a 4 year old)

If this manor-map doesn't work out, I'll try the negative space idea. I hadn't thought of that.